Thanks everyone for coming out for another great night of racing. Tom’s course was a hit. It was a challenging skin track giving people a chance to work on both their switchback and booting skills.
Congrats to the winners of the red velvet cake (Eve and Andy) as well as all of the raffle award winners.
The races continue to get larger and larger and more fun. We want to thank everyone for their support of Utah Ski Mountaineering and the Citizen Series.
Thanks to Eric Dacus and Tom Goth for being the evening photographers and to Tom Goth, Nick Francis, and Chad Brackelsberg for setting the course.
A few house keeping items
- There will be a women’s only (for women, led by women) skimo get-together on Thursday, January 9. We will post more details later today on this, so check back shortly for updates.
- The next race is Tuesday, January at 7PM at Wolf Mountain. Please go up and help support the group as they get a series going in Ogden.
- There will be a race on Tuesday, January 21 at 2PM as part of the Outdoor Retailer Show. This race will be at the MoonBeam base of Solitude Resort. This race is a USSMA fundraiser to help cover costs for the 2015 World Skimo Championships. Please arrive and plan to be signed in by 1:30 as the race will start promptly at 2.
- If you have friends or family coming up to watch the race, please make sure they also wear a headlamp or reflective cloths. It is hard for racers to see people standing at the side of the course.
- Brett Peterson had a pack at the base of GW that got picked up. It was a red Vaude pack with Dakine gloves, OR cap, and a water bottle in it. If anyone picked up this pack, please contact Brett at email@example.com.
- If you want email notification of upcoming races and events, please use the subscribe button on the left.
As always, thanks to all of our great sponsors. Backcountry.com, Voile, The Sport Loft, Skimo.co, and all of the others listed on our sponsor page. The growth of skimo racing in Utah would not be possible without your support.