What’s up, everyone!?
First, a HUGE shout out to Silverfork SkiMo for bringing the (volunteer) heat to this week’s Tuesday night and covering our needs for setting track, check-in, and breakdown. Thank you for letting us relax a wee bit this week.
We’ve got a fantastic course for you all this Tuesday (02/01). The plan is to start at the base of Great Western to Elk Park Ridge, down Silver Spur to the flats, then back up Rockn R to the same descent all the way to the bottom. Rec. division will do one full circuit (~1300’ of vert) and race division will do two laps of the circuit for approximately 2600ft of vert. To spread things out, race and rec. waves will start about a minute apart so listen for the announcement at the start line. See the map below:
This week our presenting sponsor is The Chuck Bucket for your ski rack needs, but don’t forget about our other awesome sponsors like Blue Ice Climbing, Black Diamond Snow, CAMP USA, La Sportiva, Voile, Scarpa, Dynafit, and SkiMo.Co that help make our Tuesday Night events possible. With your help and enthusiasm for this awesome sport, we even made the USSMA Newsletter about our amazing turnouts! We will of course have another awesome raffle for you guys this week!
Now for the boring BUT STILL IMPORTANT stuff.
- DO NOT PARK AT GREAT WESTERN!, please park on the Milly side (in between Milly Chalet and the church) and walk over to check in.
- POLES DOWN IN TRANSITION ZONES, a friendly reminder to put your poles flat on the ground when you transition so you don’t poke your friends eyes out.
- DRESS WARM! The weather guy predicts the temps could drop pretty quickly on Tuesday night. Please dress appropriately.
- FOLLOW BRIGHTON’S UPHILL POLICIES, uphilling at any resort is a privilege so PLEASE follow their rules when you’re out skinning on your own at Brighton.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED at check in and at the start just before you depart at 7pm sharp!
- Because y’all are so freaking motivated to help Utah Food Bank, we are limiting the maximum number of cans to 25 per person (25 extra raffle tickets!). Remember to count your cans to help move things along at check-in for our volunteers.
- We know there are a lot of new people out here and that IS AWESOME! Please take a look at our FAQ and our 12/1/2021 post about rules so you know what’s up!
We are still looking for a few volunteers to set course and check people in for the rest of the season. Please see the TimeToSignUp page to volunteer and remember to sign your electronic Utah SkiMo and Brighton waivers. REMEMBER: if you don’t sign your waivers, you can’t come play with us and that would be sad.
See y’all on 02/01 at Brighton!
The Utah SkiMo Crew
Photos courtesy of @ronwinsettimages