What’s up, everyone?!
Our second race of the season is next Tuesday 01/04 at Park City Mountain Resort (PCMR). Yes, you read that right! Utah SkiMo in conjunction with Park City SkiMo are hosting our very first event on the Wasatch Back! Please come out and show your support!
Check in will be at the base of the main PCMR parking lot near the First Timer Lift (approximate check-in tent location will be HERE ). We will have some flagging leading you to the start and you’ll be able to see the CAMP/Utah SkiMo tent in the parking lot. We ask that everyone wear a mask at the check-in booth since the more contagious omicron variant of COVID-19 is making its mark in Utah.
The start, since it’s not in the parking lot, will take 5 to 10 minutes to skin to and the race starts at 7PM SHARP! Plan accordingly and get there by 6:40 so you can check in at the bottom and get to the start line. Since we have such a growing enthusiasm for skimo racing, we will not mass start but split the start by a few minutes to spread people out. There will not be wave sign ups like we had last year, just come on up.
Below is the course description and map:
1. Start just below payday (in the area above the magic carpet). First climb will go looker’s left up Home Run to the base of Waterfall.
2. Kick turns part way up Waterfall, then a booter section, then back to skinning/kick turns
3. At the top of Waterfall, we will run lookers left in the soft snow (not on the easy way down cat track), rejoin Home Run at pump house
5. Groomer up from pump house to Angle Station
6. Transition at Angle Station
7. Skiers will drop fall line from angle station to the bumps/ungroomed section skiers left of Treasure Hollow to control speed. We will take that section as far down into Treasure Hollow as possible before we pop out onto Treasure Hollow groomer run.
8. Drop Treasure Hollow to the base of Waterfall, then lap again (not drop all the way back down home run)
9. Racers will do the first long lap, and one extra short lap for a total of ~2k ft. of vert. Rec and Sport division will do one lap for ~1200k ft of vert.
As always, we are always looking for volunteers to help with the growing demands of putting on the best skimo series in North America. You can sign up HERE. If you’re interested in joining the Board/Open meeting on 01/06 you can sign up for that HERE. Location for the opening meeting is TBD and we will email those that have signed up.
Please make sure you sign BOTH your PCMR and Utah skimo waivers before coming up so you don’t have to do it in the cold. The PCMR Waiver must be printed and signed and brought to event night. Utah SkiMo is not able utilize our e-sign waiver system with the PCMR waiver. Remember to become a member for the season and support your favorite race series!
As always, we will be holding the best raffle in the country. You will get your raffle ticket as you are checking in at the bottom. We are also doing a food drive. Every can of food you bring gets an extra raffle ticket! This is a raffle you don’t want to miss! We will have a pair of Dynafit boots, skis, and race pack along with goodies from CAMP, Blue Ice Climbing, and La Sportiva. Raffles will be drawn while the race is going on, as you finish and head down to the bottom, check the parking lot tent to see if you won anything!