The 15th Annual Wasatch Powder Keg is coming up!
Thanks to dedicated volunteers, continued racer enthusiasm, and the generous support of many outdoor manufacturers and retailers, the Wasatch Powder Keg remains one of the largest ski mountaineering (skimo) races in the US and it continues to grow!
The Wasatch Powder Keg will be held on March 10th and 11th! This year’s race will host a new Friday night Vertical Race followed by the pre-race meeting. Saturday will be the traditional Powder Keg Individual Race.
- The Wasatch Powder Keg Ski Mountaineering races on Friday and Saturday
- 2 days of free gear demos on Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday and Sunday Half- and full-day clinics on topics such as steep skiing, split-boarding, efficient backcountry travel techniques, mountaineering skills for backcountry riders, ski photography, and avalanche travel and rescue skills.
- A Saturday afternoon party featuring a live band, BBQ, and a drawing for donated gear
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help continue the outstanding success of this race. Whether you’re a veteran volunteer from years past or new this year, we want you on the Powder Keg team. We have volunteer positions for skiers and non-skiers alike. To sign up, please reply to this email with the information requested below.
This is a great opportunity to participate in a home-grown event in a rapidly growing sport that features the best skimo racers around. Everyone who volunteers for Saturday gets a Powder Keg shirt, BBQ lunch, an Epic beer, and your name will be in the raffle prizes.
As a volunteer, your commitment includes:
- If volunteering Friday 10 March – available from 3 PM to 7:00 PM
- If volunteering Saturday 11 March – available from ~5:30 AM to ~ 12:00 PM
- Help set the course Wednesday (8th), Thursday (9th) and Friday (10th)
Powder Keg Race starting times – all from the Milly Base:
- The Vertical Race – Friday at 4:00 PM
- The Powder Keg – Saturday at 7:30 AM
Course maps, schedules, and more information is available at www.wasatchpowderkeg.com
Information needed to volunteer:
|Preferred email address:|
|T-shirt size:||__WS __WM __WL __WXL|
|__MS __MM __ML __MXL|
|Skiing or non-skiing position:||__skiing __non-skiing|
|Help set course:||__yes __no|
|__Wednesday __Thursday __Friday|
|__full day __ morning __afternoon|
|Volunteer for Friday Race, 10 Mar:||__yes __no|
|Volunteer for the Saturday Powder Keg race, 11 Mar:||__yes __no|
To sign up as a volunteer, please reply to this email with the following information. We will do our best to match your assignment with your preference. If you’re a returning volunteer and want your same position, let me know. Please note that many of this year’s skiing positions will require touring to reach the checkpoint or return to Brighton’s base and require the shuttle of course markings (flags, bamboo, etc).