The Wasatch Powder Keg is looking for a few good volunteers – here’s a message from volunteer coordinator Jackie Concannon:
Dear Wasatch Powder Keg Volunteers and Friends:
The 17th Annual Wasatch Powder Keg is coming up soon!
Thanks to dedicated volunteers, continued racer enthusiasm, and the generous support of many outdoor manufacturers and retailers, the Wasatch Powder Keg remains one of the largest ski mountaineering (skimo) races in the US and it continues to grow!
The Wasatch Powder Keg will be held on February 23rd and 24th. This year’s race will host a pre-race meeting Friday night. Saturday will be the traditional Powder Keg Individual Race. Sunday will feature a Vertical Race.
- The Wasatch Powder Keg Ski Mountaineering races on Saturday and Sunday
- Half- and full-day clinics Saturday TBD
- A Saturday afternoon party with a BBQ and a drawing for donated gear
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help continue the outstanding success of this race. Whether you’re a veteran volunteer from years past or new this year, we want you on the Powder Keg team. We have volunteer positions for skiers and non-skiers alike. To sign up, please reply to this email with the information requested below.
This is a great opportunity to participate in a home-grown event in a rapidly growing sport that features the best skimo racers around. Everyone who volunteers for Saturday will get BBQ lunch, Epic beer, and your name will be in the drawing for raffle prizes.
As a volunteer, your commitment includes:
- If volunteering Friday 22 February – available from 3 PM to 7:00 PM
- If volunteering Saturday 23 February – available from ~6:00 AM to ~ 12:00 PM
- If volunteering Sunday 24 February – available from ~6:30 AM to ~ 10:00 PM
- Help set the course Wednesday (20th), Thursday (21st) and Friday (22nd) – TBD
Powder Keg Race starting times – all from the Milly Base:
- Powder Keg Race – Saturday at 8:00 AM
- Vertical Race – Sunday at 7:30 AM
Course maps, schedules, and more information is available at www.wasatchpowderkeg.com.
The Wasatch Powder Keg is a great event because of volunteers like you who help organize and conduct the race. If you have friends or relative that are racing and you are not this is a perfect way to show your support for them. It’s the BEST feeling in the world to see a familiar face at a checkpoint cheering you on when your motivation and stamina are starting to flag!
Wasatch Powder Keg Race volunteer coordinator
If this sounds like your cup of tea, contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Preferred email address:
- Telephone number:
- Skiing or non-skiing position: __skiing __non-skiing __backcountry __in-bounds
- Help set course: __yes __no
- __Wednesday __Thursday __Friday __full day __ morning __afternoon
- Volunteer for Friday Pre-Race Meeting, 22 Feb: __yes __no
- Volunteer for the Saturday Powder Keg Race, 23 Feb: __yes __no
- Volunteer for the Sunday Vertical Race, 24 Feb: __yes __no
- A picture of your smiling face!
Hope to see you all at the Powder Keg!