Mission: To advance the safety, skills and sport of ski mountaineering in Utah, and provide events of competition, education and sportsmanship for growing a community of human-powered skiing and snowboarding.
Utah SkiMo is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicating the advancing the sport of ski mountaineering in Utah. We host a biweekly citizen race series during the winter and also work with ski mountaineering race and event promoters in Utah to help promote and sponsor ski mountaineering events.
In addition to events, Utah Ski Mountaineering provides education to new and experienced racers. In particular, we have a goal of increasing the participation in ski mountaineering through reaching out to juniors (14 to 22 year olds) and women.
Utah SkiMo is an IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Weekly Race Series
Utah SkiMo hosts a weekly race series for community members. The races are hosted in a local ski area on Tuesday nights and test racers’ fitness and technique. You can find more information at the calendar.
Utah Ski Mountaineering provides common race supplies like course flagging and signage. We also provide race liability insurance for some events.
Utah Ski Mountaineering also periodically organizes educational clinics for new, beginner, and intermediate ski mountaineering racers. These clinics provide hands on education for various techniques required for ski mountaineering like transitions, skinning, and endurance training.
Utah Ski Mountaineering works with youth groups like the Wasatch Front Range High School Ambassador Program to build interest and participation in ski mountaineering
To help support UT SkiMo, please consider donating or becoming a member.
- Memberships are used to support the Tuesday Night Citizen Series skimo events.
Your Wasatch SkiMo membership provides additional benefits during the race season (see membership page).
- Donations: Utah Ski Mountaineering accepts donations to provide additional funding for educational clinics and additional events in Utah. Please see the membership page for more information.
Utah Ski Mountaineering Volunteer Staff
- President: John Allison
- Vice President: Rob Aldrich
- Treasurer: Layne Caldwell
- Secretary: Toni Allison
- Utah SkiMo Committees (Chair // Members)
- Financial: Layne Caldwell // John Allison, Joel Trachtenberg, Rob Aldrich, Chad Brackelsberg
- Legal: Jared Inouye // Chad Brackelsberg, John Allison, Joel Trachtenberg
- Sponsorship: John Allison // Joel Trachtenberg, Logan Tuura, Rob Aldrich
- Event Day: Adam Blanchard // Joel Trachtenberg, John Allison, Mike Brehm, Pete Stoughton
- Membership: John Allison // Joel Trachtenberg, Rob Aldrich, Mike Brehm
- Safety: Mike Brehm // Sarah Cookler, Joel Trachtenberg, Adam Blanchard, Chad Brackelsberg
- Website & Social Media: Matt Sadauckas // Zach Wong, Chad Brackelsberg
- Web Master: Zach Wong
- Current Board Members: Joel Trachtenberg (Chair), John Allison, Sarah Cookler, Mike Brehm, Chad Bracklesberg, Pete Stoughton, and Jared Inouye.
- Past Presidents: Joel Trachtenberg, Chad Brackelsberg, Steffie Gould
- Photography provided by: Ron Winsett @ronwinsettimages
- Youth Program Coordinator:
- Silver Fork Skimo: Sarah Cookler
- Park City Skimo: Adam Loomis – aloomis (at) parkcityss (dot) org
Contact: info (at) utahskimo (dot) org
Last edited 6-26-2023