SCARPA Alien ski touring or skimo boots – mondo size 25

Home Forums Gear Swap SCARPA Alien ski touring or skimo boots – mondo size 25

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  brackec 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

brackec
    Keymaster

i’m selling a pair of preowned SCARPA alien lightweight ski touring or skimo boots in a mondo size 25 (womens 8 or mens 7 per scarpa’s size chart) with box

boots retailed for $800

boots were worn only for a few 1 hour tuesday night skimo races at brighton. all buckles/straps/boa system is in good working order. no funky smells with the liner. i’m selling because i bought the wrong size.

DESCRIPTION:

The SCARPA Alien Boots employ some radical technology to obtain a race weight at a reasonable price. With walkability similar to hiking boots and skiability similar to heavier kit, the Aliens are quickly becoming a go-to boot for skimo racers and light and fast tourers.

SCARPA designed these with a more comfortable last than other lightweight boots, and used a BOA closure system instead of a buckle in the forefoot. This allows you to get a precise fit over your instep without consulting a boot doctor with a heat gun. The laced upper buckle system is integrated into the walk/ski mode switch so you can transition between uphill and downhill modes in one simple step. Once pointed downhill, the Alien Propulsion Tech frame provides a sturdy platform for driving skis harder than you would think for a 2 pound boot.

Flexible waterproof sheathing around the ankle helps keep snow off the liner.
    A single-throw buckle so you can switch quickly between walk and ski modes.
    Adjustable forward lean allows you to choose your stance at either 9 or 13 degrees.
    Full 60 degree range of motion in walk mode lets you actually run uphill (or down if the need arises).
    Moldable Intuition linerswrap securely around your foot with a BOA closure system.
    Vibram “UFO” soles are the perfect ride for Aliens, providing 360 degrees of durable traction on sketchy terrain.
    Secure yet comfortable 99mm of forefoot last.
    made in italy

SPECS:
    271 mm boot sole length (25)
    buckles: 1 plus BOA, single throw latch
    60 degrees of cuff rotation
    forward lean: 9 & 13 degrees
    materials: Polyamide shell & cuff
    liner: INTUITION heat moldable liner
    bottom line: Optimal blend of price and weight.
    1 boot with liner weighs 860 grams on my digital scale

jackie
    801-733-9696 (no texts- its a landline)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.